Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Bakersfield
Uber, the most popular transportation network company (TNC), is now a multi-billion-dollar global powerhouse with operations in over 66 countries and 449 cities worldwide. However, such innovation comes with the price of legal complications: who is responsible if an Uber driver gets into an accident? At our law firm, our expert injury attorneys will help you navigate through these complicated cases and secure the full and fair compensation you deserve. Call us for a free consultation at (800) 522-7274.
Uber’s policy and liability insurance
- Uber classifies its drivers as “independent contractors” and not employees as to deflect liability for any injuries sustained in a crash. However, passengers are insured up to $1 million per ride in commercial liability insurance.
- Unlike taxi cab companies, Uber defines itself as a technology provider, not a transportation company or car service, allowing the company to deflect blame onto its drivers and making it tougher for accident victims to make complaints or claims with Uber.
- Uber is notoriously hard to reach by phone. Victims may be able to contact Uber customer service care or an Uber partner by e-mail or through their social media, but even those methods are known to be unreliable. Our attorneys have the knowledge and resources to touch base with Uber and their drivers.
- California law sets insurance coverage requirements for all Transportation TNCs, including Uber. The company now provides $50,000/$100,000/$25,000 of contingent coverage between trips. However, there remains the question of what happens when a driver has multiple ridesharing apps open at the same time.
- Injured pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists are also entitled to substantial compensation. Victims who are not passengers can still recover from the driver’s insurance policy in addition to Uber’s excess policy.
Our firm provides specifically tailored legal solutions form all of our clients, and our primary goal is to recover maximum compensation for your injuries. Our highly trained specialists are often approached by other lawyers for help with their cases. Let us help you get the justice you deserve. Uber and Lyft are the two giants of the disruptive ride-sharing industry, each valued at billions of dollars. To their credit, both Uber and Lyft provide adequate coverage to their injured passengers. Although, the lines get blurred when it comes to accidents involving other drivers, bicyclists, pedestrians, etc. A few questions immediately come to mind:
- What happens if the resulting damages of an accident exceed the driver’s coverage? Who or what fills this insurance gap? Does the victim have to turn to his or her own resources?
- Isn’t personal policy coverage ineffective in cases where the liable driver was driving for commercial purposes? If this is the case, who covers the damages?
These claims, by nature, are very confusing. Our expert legal team has a thorough understanding of the policies and insurance coverage involved in Uber/Lyft accidents. We are ready to fight for you. Call us at 800-291-9000 for immediate assistance.