Owning a Lemon is an extremely distressing experience. Purchasing a car in hopes that it will maintain its well-being in the initial stages is a given, however there are some occasions where these expectations are not satisfied. By California law, a car is only a lemon if it falls under these prerequisites:
- The warranty for the vehicle is current.
- It has been taken in for the same repair at least 3 times to an authorized dealer, or if the repair is for a life threatening issue, 2 times.
- The vehicle must have been inoperable for 30 days, but that does not have to be consecutive.
- The issue must impact the value, safety, or use of the vehicle.
- The vehicle must have been purchased or leased in California.
- These repairs have been done in the first 18 months or 18,000 miles of ownership.
If your car is a lemon, let us help you get the justice you deserve. You may be eligible for a replacement, or a refund on any payments made towards the vehicle, including registration and finance charges.